What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb commonly known as Withania Somnifera. It’s one of the popular ayurvedic medicine. People have been using it for the last 2500 years, and it comes in powder, tablets, and many different forms.
You may have heard of this magical herb having several neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, and thyroid modulation properties. It is also known as Indian Winter cherry, the stallion’s strength, and Indian ginseng in India.
Ashwagandha is an exceptional shrub cultivated in the middle east, some parts of Africa, and India. All the shrub parts can be consumed differently. Ashwagandha uses just not evolved today, but it’s been part of human lives for the past several years.
As per the traditional classification, Ashwagandha was known as Rasayana, which means it is an herb that can lengthen the life span. Ashwagandha not only boosts stamina but there are also several other benefits of ashwagandha tablets or capsules. The benefits of ashwagandha tablets or capsules are not limited to modern days; the herb is used for several purposes. The use of Ashwagandha roots for stress reduction is also scientifically proven. Alzheimer’s Research and Therapy institution suggests ayurvedic medicines like Ashwagandha have been a proven source to prevent the human body from several deadly diseases.
Benefits of Ashwagandha tablets:
There are several benefits of using Ashwagandha tablets or capsules. The medicinal properties of Ashwagandha are outstanding and have become very important to be used as supplements for the human body. Ashwagandha has the potential to increase strength and power.
It helps to produce immense energy and helps to recover muscles faster. This herbal substance is consumed by those who are most interested in the formation of their physical performance. It helps to improve recovery after your workouts, increases your stamina, and helps to improves physical weakness, and boosts brain functioning. The compounds of Ashwagandha tablets are proven beneficial for various conditions. Ashwagandha benefits for men and women are countless and here is the list of a few of them:
- Ashwagandha benefits for men:
- Boost testosterone and fertility in man: An age-old cure in increasing sexual stamina and performance is prime Ashwagandha benefits for men. This is because the organic components that make Ashwagandha are rich in minerals that help improve the levels of male hormones or testosterone, which increases sperm count, sperm motility and sexual desires, and stamina in men.
- Ashwagandha benefits for Women:
- Anti-Aging and energy booster: Other benefits of ashwagandha tablets or capsules are that it is a powerhouse for energy production. Ashwagandha’s benefits for women are it helps in keeping the scalp healthy because it has a high level of fatty acids, potassium, nitrate, glucose, and tannins. In addition to this, it also contains a high level of antioxidants that helps in removing the aging signs, wrinkles, and blemishes. Ashwagandha tablets or capsules for height increase is also the very common reason men and women like to consume them.
- Ashwagandha benefits for All
- Decrease Anxiety and depression: Ashwagandha tablets or capsules help in combating stress and depression. As per the research published in 2009 by PLOS One, it works like the common drugs imipramine and lorazepam which help in reducing anxiety. There are no side effects of Ashwagandha on the contrary other anxiety, medications can cause insomnia, nausea, and loss of sexual desire.
- Ashwagandha for stress is well known as it helps in reducing anxiety and fighting stress, keeping people relaxed and happier. Dopamine or happy hormones are released in larger desirable quantities with the usage of Ashwagandha in our diet. On the other hand, the high magnesium and potassium levels help calm the body by relaxing the muscles of the body and mind.
- Help in Adrenal Fatigue: Ashwagandha tablets consist of a bioactive component known as Humic Acid. This contributes to inflammation and over-oxidation properties. Ashwagandha tablets or capsules contain fulvic acid that helps remove the lactic acid and carbon dioxide that causes fatigue due to exercise. It also helps in restoring the electrolytes that are lost when the body sweats during exercise. Since Fulvic acid is an oxidant, it helps in reducing oxidizers that can cause cancer-causing free radicals.
- Balance blood sugar level: One of the very popular uses of Ashwagandha is maintaining better blood work, blood chemistry, and blood sugar level for the body. Ashwagandha has properties known to lower diabetes, cholesterol, anemia. On the other hand, it is potent in increasing good cholesterol levels and the antioxidant levels in the blood.
- Boost brain function and cognition: Other benefits of ashwagandha tablets or capsules are it helps in increasing the levels of glutathione an anti-oxidant that is deemed superfood for the heart. Furthermore, the presence of organic acids in Ashwagandha tablets or capsules fights cholesterol in our bloodstream, which again is advantageous for the heart and helps in improving brain function and cognition.
- Increase Muscle strength: Creatine is a highly required supplement that bodybuilders use for muscle development. Ashwagandha helps with the production of energy and increases muscle expressions without any side effects. It helps in maximizing muscle development. It is consumed by people who are mostly interested in building muscles. Ashwagandha benefits for men can be maximized if Ashwagandha is consumed before exercise.
- Anticancer properties: Again, one of the most sought-after uses of Ashwagandha tablets is curing liver cancer. Ashwagandha tablets have Hepatoprotective properties that combat the cancerous cells from multiplying in the liver and protect the liver by destroying cancerous cells. It further safeguards the liver from cancer threats with regular usage.
The benefits of Ashwagandha tablets or capsules are unique, but their nutritional value also influences people to achieve a better and healthy lifestyle. As per the International Journal of Home Science, 1,000 mg of Ashwagandha contains the following:
- 04 g protein
- 05 g carbohydrate
- 03 mg iron
- 08 mg carotene
- 06 mg vitamin C
- 5 calories
- 032 g fiber
- 05 g carbohydrate
Usage and dosage
Ashwagandha supplements are available in different forms. To achieve maximum benefits of Ashwagandha, tablets or capsules can be a great way. 500-1000 milligrams quantity per day is advisable thought one can consume it as per the physician directives.
Ashwagandha is an essential herb that can serve several purposes from reducing cortisol levels, reducing depression, stress, and anxiety, and improving thyroid function. The structure of the herb is made from steroidal lactones, withanolide A, withanone, and withaferin A components which makes it an inimitable herb. Appropriate doses of Ashwagandha can help the individual in attaining great health benefits.